Deadpool: New Girl


Turns out this project might be more difficult than I thought, nevertheless, I'm soldiering on, making my predictions for the 2011 Fall lineup TV show deadpool. Today's lucky contestant is...



2. New Girl


This new single camera comedy coming to Fox this Fall doesn't sound like much at first. From Fox:


JESS DAY (Zooey Deschanel, "(500) Days of Summer") is an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Goofy, positive, vulnerable and honest to a fault, Jess has faith in people, even when she shouldn't. Although she's dorky and awkward, she's comfortable in her own skin. More prone to friendships with women, she's not used to hanging with the boys - especially at home.I have to admit, I was kinda surprised by this one. Although you might think that New Girl treads fairly familiar territory, what with the whole 20 somethings dysfunctional family setup, what I've seen so far demonstrates that it isn't necessarily what your premise is, but how you execute it that matters.


The best part of this show so far is the main part played by Zooey Deschanel. Her characters comes across as a loveable goof, but with deep emotional pain that gives her great potential depth. I find this especially humorous considering that her sister, Emily Deschanel, plays the robotic, Spock-like emotionless Dr. Brennan on "Bones."


The rest of the cast seem alright so far, a little shallow for now but we'll see where it goes. The best part about the three male roommates is their brotherly attitude towards Zooey, allowing for the whole family idea instead of a soap opera-esque match game.


The ending of the preview has the three roommates come to their new friend's aid as she is stood up on a date. They crash the restaurant and sing hilariously off key in a scene that is both funny and touching, which I believe sums up "New Girl" rather well as a whole.

Deadpool Result: Runaway hit of the season


Like I said before, I was surprised by this one, but I think that Fox may actually be able to create a comedy power hour between "Raising Hope" and "New Girl."

Comments

Popular Posts